TheCable Fact Check
  • Home
  • Fact Check
  • Fake News
  • Check Am For Wazobia
Reading: FAKE NEWS ALERT: WAEC denies viral list showing schools affected by results cancellation
Share
Latest News
Da’awar cewa Davido da Chioma suna tsammanin ɗansu na uku karya ne
Òótọ́ kọ́ ni ọ̀rọ̀ tó sọ pé Davido àti Chioma ń gbaradì fún ọmọ wọn kẹta
Evidence no dey sey Davido and Chioma dey expect dia third pikin
FACT CHECK: Claim that Davido and Chioma are expecting their third child is false
AI ni wọ́n fi se fídíò tó sàfihàn pé àwọn ISWAP yin ìbọn fún ọ̀gá àwọn òṣìṣẹ́ ológun kan
Video wey show as ISWAP shoot army general na AI
Bidiyon da ke nuna harbin Janar na soji da ISWAP aka yi shi ne AI
DISINFO ALERT: Video showing shooting of army general by ISWAP is AI-generated
Advertisement
Aa
TheCable Fact CheckTheCable Fact Check
Search
  • Home
  • Fact Check
  • Fake News
  • Check Am For Wazobia
Follow US

FAKE NEWS ALERT: WAEC denies viral list showing schools affected by results cancellation

Abdullah Abdulsalam
By Abdullah Abdulsalam Published August 5, 2025 2 Min Read
Share

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has dismissed a viral list which claimed that results of some schools in the 2025 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) had been cancelled.

On Monday, Amos Josiah Dangut, head of WAEC Nigeria office, announced the release of the 2025 results.

Dangut said the council withheld the results of 192,089 candidates over alleged involvement in various forms of malpractice.

He added that the offences included the use of mobile phones in examination halls and collusion among candidates.

Afterwards, a list began circulating online claiming that WAEC had cancelled the results of more than 100 schools across the country.

The “forged notice”, dated August 4, also directed principals of the listed schools to report to WAEC’s Lagos zonal office within 10 working days with candidates’ scripts and supporting documentation.

Reacting in a statement posted Tuesday via its official X handle, WAEC asked the public to disregard the information.

“Kindly ignore any message listing schools whose results were supposedly cancelled,” the council said.

The examination body added that it does not request centres to submit candidates’ scripts to its offices.

“WAEC will never ask any centre to bring scripts of candidates to the office. Where would they get them from?” it asked.

The council advised the public to rely only on information shared through its official handles and accredited media outlets.

TAGGED: Amos Dangut, WAEC result, WASSCE

Please send your feedback, claims to fact check and corrections requests to [email protected]

Abdullah Abdulsalam August 5, 2025 August 5, 2025
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print

POPULAR POSTS

Advertisement

Da’awar cewa Davido da Chioma suna tsammanin ɗansu na uku karya ne

Wani rubutu ya yi ikirarin cewa tauraron Afrobeats Davido da matarsa, Chioma Adeleke, na kara…

November 28, 2025

Òótọ́ kọ́ ni ọ̀rọ̀ tó sọ pé Davido àti Chioma ń gbaradì fún ọmọ wọn kẹta

Ọ̀rọ̀ kan sọ pé Davido, gbajúmọ̀ akọrin àti Chioma Adeleke, ìyàwó rẹ̀ ń gbaradì fún…

November 28, 2025

Evidence no dey sey Davido and Chioma dey expect dia third pikin

One post claim sey Afrobeats star Davido and im wife, Chioma Adeleke, dey expect anoda…

November 28, 2025

FACT CHECK: Claim that Davido and Chioma are expecting their third child is false

A post claims that Afrobeats star Davido and his wife, Chioma Adeleke, are expecting another…

November 24, 2025
Advertisement
Advertisement

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

FACT CHECK: Claim that Davido and Chioma are expecting their third child is false

A post claims that Afrobeats star Davido and his wife, Chioma Adeleke, are expecting another child.  The claim was posted…

Fact Check
November 24, 2025

DISINFO ALERT: Video showing shooting of army general by ISWAP is AI-generated

A viral video has purportedly shown the moment Musa Uba, a brigadier general, was killed by insurgents in Borno state.…

Fact Check
November 19, 2025

FACT CHECK: No evidence Trump threatened to ‘capture’ Tinubu in 24 hours

A report claims that US President Donald Trump threatened to capture President Bola Tinubu within 24 hours without his security…

Fact Check
November 13, 2025

Anambra guber: Six misconceptions about BVAS, IREV voters should know

Elections in Nigeria have always been defined by controversies. Electoral malpractice, ranging from ballot snatching to result sheet manipulations, has…

Fact Check
November 7, 2025

CableCheck seeks to provide reliable tools and resources for readers to tackle the menace of fake and misleading materials constantly pushed into the public space from various sources. We monitor the accuracy of claims made in traditional and social media. We also provide a tracker to hold politicians and policymakers accountable for the plans and promises they make to the public. CableCheck is a project of the Cable Newspaper Journalism Foundation (CNJF), supported by the MacArthur Foundation and implemented by TheCable newspaper.

Follow US: 

LINKS

  • Contact
  • About Us
  • Non-Partisanship Policy
  • Funding
  • Correction Policy
© Copyright TheCable. All Rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?